Contact Us | Become a Member
Organization: Plastic Surgery Associates
Position: Medical Practice Administrator
Fill by Date: November 1, 2018
Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
Education: Master's Degree
Date Posted: 9/12/2018
Years of Experience
5 years in medical practices
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for overseeing operations of medical practice.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Physician Owners.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises staff and oversees the management of all business entities to include clinic, surgery center, and meta spa activities and staff.
1. Responsible for developing and implementing the clinic's mission and strategic vision.
2. Provides leadership in developing planning and implementing the clinic's business plans to the Physicians.
3. Recommends, develops, implements improvements for the practice.
4. Informs board about current trends, problems and medical activities to facilitate policy making.
5. Establishes, secures approval and overseas clinic operating policies and procedures.
6. Participates and coordinates the physician recruitment.
7. Oversees efforts for recruitment, development, performance evaluation of employees.
8. Oversees the business and financial affairs of the clinic and fiscal management in conjunction with the practice CPA.
9. Oversees and manages the billing and collection processes/department.
10. Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of care.
11. Ensures clinic compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitors operations, programs, physical properties. Initiates appropriate changes.
12. Encourages community education by initiation participation in health fairs and events to promote awareness. Responsible for managing the overall marketing activities of the practice.
13. Represents the clinic in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third party payers.
14. Manages all practice managed care relationships, including monitoring of related reimbursement, negotiation with third party payers, provider credentialing, and maintenance of contracts.
15. Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the hospitals, health plans, insurance companies and regulatory bodies.
16. Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful clinic atmosphere.
17. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and developments.
18. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
Wisconsin Medical Management Group Association563 Carter Court, Suite B, Kimberly, WI 54136920-560-5621 / 800-762-8968WMGMA@Badgerbay.co
MissionTo be a resource for information, education, networking, and advocacy opportunities for all medical group management professionals.